University of Palermo
· Researcher in Biochemistry
· PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences
· Degree in Biomedicine
· Patent Inventor - Purification procedure of “manna impura” to obtain enriched and marketable “manna”.
· Guest Editor for several international scientific journals.
· Guest lecturer at the University of Valencia.
· Author of 69 publications in international journals.
· The research topics concern: Research on synthetic or natural molecules with potential anticancer, anti-inflammatory and antieryptotic activity.
· Interests: Biochemistry and methodologies; Sicilian foods; bioactive compounds; bioactivity; cell culture; chemoprevention; oxidative stress; inflammation; eryptosis; apoptosis.
· Theophrastos Prize from the International Pro-Mediterranean Herbarium Foundation 2017 for biochemical studies on organic molecules with nutraceutical effects extracted from Mediterranean plants.